Weather: wind <3, 81 degrees, sunny to partly cloudy
Total flights: Today - 11; YTD - 41
Total motors: Today - 11; YTD - 48
Motors by class YTD: A-2; B-3; C-19; D-4; E-6; F-7; G-6; I-1
Another near perfect launch day! The weather, most notably the wind, was great. I even ditched the Chute release on a few flights. It was dead calm a lot of the time! The crowd was smallish since there was a competing regional launch at Great Meadow. Night launchers began to arrive at about 4PM so the crowd was building. I look forward to the night launch photos.
Here are my flights, in no particular order:
- Upscale Cluster Bomb on a G64-6 - CR@300' - Well, the large 'chute protector snarled the parachute. It would try to open and then would collapse. It fell safely and only damaged one fin.
- Centaurus on an F59-6 - CR@200' - Nice flight but there was a nose cone impact. I didn't see the ejection event. One of the side fin spars broke off and was lost. A trip to Hobby Lobby is in order.
- Fett Boy on an F59-6 - The delay estimate was way off and it was headed down fast at ejection. It separated and the cone section was lost. I already have a thought about the rebuild. The Fett Boy will fly again.
- 2nd Half on a C6-3 - Nice flight.
- Estes Majestic on an E16-6 - Nice flight.
- Mega Mosquito on an F15-6 - CR@200' - Nice flight.
- MRC Iron Man on a D12-5 - Nice flight.
- TLP Rapier on an F44-8 - Some major wiggle on the way up, but still successful.
- Lime Stiletto on an E12-6 - Nice flight.
- AAW 13mm Stealth on an A10-PT - Nice flight.
- AAW Stealth D10 on a C6-3 - Nice flight.
My photo album is linked below. Once again, the Flickr album embed script seems funky. You may land on my photostream and will have to navigate backwards.