Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Card stock Mercury Capsule - Happy 4th of July post

Via Chris Michielssen's Model Rocket Building blog comes a card stock Friendship 7 that reportedly fits a Pringles can. He offered to email the plan but later found that it is on Ninfinger.  This model includes tabs that have to fit through slots in the adjoining parts. I found this type of build to be a lot harder than the more standard flip tab designs but, as they say, it is what it is.

20170704_131741

While I don't have a chip can, I do have a tube that fits it perfectly.

20170704_131731

I haven't decided what to do with this. I could use this tube or I could cut a hole in the base for a motor tube. If I use the tube will it be a faux Little Joe? Will it be odd? Will I need to fill it with lead?

Hope y'all have a GREAT 4th!