Thursday, June 08, 2017

Launch Report 2017-4 (solo)

Location: Shooley Mill Park
Weather: sunny, low wind, mid 70's
Total flights: Today - 4; YTD - 20
Total motors: Today - 4; YTD - 21
Motors by class YTD:  A-1; B-3; C-8; D-1; E-4; F-1; G-2; I-1

I finally got one of the grand rocketeers out to launch some of the Estes Crayon Rockets that I purchased just for that purpose.  I also packed my Mini Higgs Farm Square Rocket for me and a few others for her.

The weather was perfect, the park was fairly empty and I gathered a few spectators. The young one was more interested in all the other rockets over the Crayons. Oh well. And, she lost interest after a while. She is a bit young and the lure of the playground was too great.

My few flights included:

  1. New Way Mini Higgs Farm Square Rocket on a C11-3 -  I couldn't see the ejection because the trajectory took it into the Sun. It recovered well and I hope to fly it again at NARHAMS. I will try a D12 IF the wind allows. This MUST survive until the July Sod Farm launch!
  2. IBuildRockets Ballistic Chicken on a B6-4 - This was her favorite.
  3. Estes Crayon on a B6-2
  4. Art Applewhite 13mm Stealth on an A10-PT