Saturday, April 08, 2017

Launch Report 2017-2 - LDRS-36

It's hard to believe that LDRS was basically in my own backyard and I didn't register to fly. I did, however, traipse out to say hi to some rocket buddies and see a few flights.

The weather was sunny with temperatures between 55 and 60 mph. But it was quite windy - my phone said 17 - 20 mph.  I had a good time but a lot of stuff didn't work out. The wind made it uncomfortable. Despite having my order for a few months, Kenny only had 2 of the 5 motors I ordered. They had one XXL T-shirt but sold it out from under me (they said they'd hold it while I went back to the car to the cash). I had packed two cameras and grabbed the one with the larger optical zoom and a continuous mode. Well, it had been a long time since I used that one and the photos sucked even for me. In the continuous mode, the resolution was poorer than I remembered and I got huge lens flares from anything bright, such as exhaust plumes and the sun glinting off windows. Of course, I didn't figure this out until I got home. D'OH!

Anyway, I got to spend the day with my wife and pooch, talk and watch rockets, and chat with a few folks that I hadn't seen in years. So, for better or worse, you can see all my photos by clicking the image below.

LDRS-36