Weather: Mid 80's, sunny, wind ~5-7
Total flights: Today - 10; YTD - 32
Total motors: Today - 10; YTD - 32
Motors by class YTD: MMX-1, A-3, B-2, C-13, D-3, E-5, F-3, G-2
Excellent day! The only negative was the waist deep grass adjacent to the main field. Several went in, all came out. At least mine did.
- Estes Der V3 on a D12-5 - Old rocket - still flies great. Chute Release @200'.
- SpaceShipSQRT(-1) on a C11-3
- Zoomie P51D on a C11-3 - This got the most comments of all my rockets today.
- Big Dipper Daddy on an E12-6 - Chute Release @300'.
- Shrox Industria SHX-15 on a C11-3 - Swooped around on the way up, as always.
- X-20 Dyna-Soar Carrier on a C11-3 - See comment below.
- MLAS-S on an F15-6 - Great flight, Chute Release @300'.
- Odd'l Wedgie on a C6-3 - As experience and the designer dictates, I used an Ested C6 v. the Quest variety. Corkscrewed badly probably due to me not seating the motor mount correctly. A kid really loved it so I gave it away.
- Estes Mini Marz Lander on an A10-3
- Half ASStron on a C6-3 - Aparently, this is now flying at every NARHAMS launch.
The X-20 Dyna-Soar Carrier is a shortened version on The Days of Future Passed. That rocket always looked too long to me so I modified the Rsim file. To my delight, I found it was stable. I'm not exactly sure why I stretched it. I did like the harness that brought the DinoSoar section down parallel to the ground but too long is too long. So, so long upper body tube. I will save it just in case I change my mind. I also retrofitted 1/4" lugs as the sims showed is needed a 4" rod to fly on C11s or D12s.
All My Photos
All My Photos