Here is a side view. Check out where the CP is! If I believe that, the CP-CG shouldn't be an issue. But, should I believe it?
The next image is a rear view with a stability graph overlay. It's not as clear as on my screen but it appears to be stable in both axes. But, is it?
I still plan to swing test it but my guess is I'm Ok with no nose weight. I ran a sim and got:
- Max. altitude = 372 ft...I guess I can believe that.
- Max. velocity = 337 ft/s...still OK.
- Max. acceleration = 17724 ft/s/s...say WHAT?
- Time to apogee = 2.5 s....OK.
- Velocity at deployment = 336 ft/s...that's not good.
- Optimal delay = 0.65 s...ugh.
- Velocity off a 48" rod = 58 ft/s...that's good.
These don't all add up when viewing the flight profile and graphs. Oh well, GIGO.
But the 3D render is nice: