Friday, December 04, 2015

The Chesapeake Sea Monster is a real swinger

I took advantage of this mild and sunny day to do my swing test. I my heart hiccupped as it initially started belly forward. However, it quickly righted itself and went totally nose first! Yay. I tried a second time with no wimpy startup and it went straight from the get go. Double yay. The Force is with my Rocksim model. This was without the full shock tether and it's nose cone attachment. Note to self: don't forget this!

I also shot some more primer and discovered numerous flaws with my papering job. I guess I'll have to slice the bubbles, glue them flat and do some light filling. This isn't a big deal as the finish job will be up to my typical low standards anyway.  Can I get scale points for emulating the decaying corpses of the first ekranoplans from the Alekseyev Central Hydrofoil Design Bureau?