Monday, November 02, 2015

The Chesapeake Sea Monster is on, like Donkey Kong

I have proceeded to cut things up and glue things together, so I guess there is no doubt that I'll build an ekranoplan. That doesn't mean I'll be able to convince the RSO to let it fly.

The photo below shows the start of the forward motor mount plate. If you click through to my Flickr album, there are a few more build photos.  I am installing the 24mm Tres mount in the middle of the main wings. This was a trade between CG mitigation and room for the recovery components. I don't know what I don't know and that is a lot. I should probably look at stuff like the CP and NP at some point. I assume I need the CG roughly at the leading edge of the main wings but don't know how much nose weight will be required, if any. There will be eight C6-0s up front. I already have shortened the baffle to give as much room as possible for the laundry. I am a little worried about getting the baffle too close to the ejection. Before I glue it in, I'll guess at a 'chute size and see if I can stuff it in.  

20151102_182823