Sunday, September 27, 2015

First impressions are often WRONG

After I recovered my Saturn V SA-666 from its month-long vacation in the trees, I gave it a quick once over. It was faded, a few wraps were warped, the ejection tube and nose section's shoulder were slightly warped and the nozzles were all floppy (except for the one that broke off). It looked totally fixable. The warped tubes seemed to be adjustable and I though a few new paper wraps and a coat of paint and I could fly it again. Well, that wasn't going to happen. The worst part was the paper motor tube was in terrible shape and the 24mm-29mm phenolic motor adapter refused to come out. One good whack with a pipe from the top and the adapter broke. Right now, the Estes retainer and the plastic 'chute is all that I'm salvaging. (sound of taps playing)

20150926_134529