Monday, August 31, 2015

Waiting for a launch and waiting for build motivation...

WARNING: This post will be filled with inane rambling, so you may want to leave now.

After a reasonably active summer of launching and building, I have nothing new on the bench. I have surveyed my unbuilt kits, my parts, and the remains of numerous rockets and no new project have emerged. Three of my seven summer projects have been GDS builds and, until the current one flies, I have no motivation to build another. My current interest is mainly oddrocs and other unconventional designs. I like daddyisbar's oddrocs (here's an example) and Aggressor Aerospace's pending grid fin design. Daddyisabar's recent builds have employed gravity gradient boom stability, kinda like my Shai Hulud, a desert squid style rocket. I had once built a grid fin unit but decided it was insufficient for a mid-to high power rocket and far too heavy for anything smaller. I didn't find it in the last parts survey. 

Right now, I think my main hope may lie in Halloween decorations...