Weather: wind 0-5, sunny, temp in mid-70s
Total flights: Today - 12; YTD - 12
Total motors: Today - 12; YTD - 12
Motors by class YTD: MMX-2; C-5; E-3; F-2
After 6 long months, I finally got out to the field to fly a few. It was a near perfect day with great weather and a small crowd. We were limited to "D" and under until after 2PM because of nearby soccer activity.
My photos of the event are [here].
- Half AssTron Superroc on a QC6-3
- Half AssTron Superroc on a QC6-5
- Art Applewhite Stealth D5 on a QC6-3
- Lime Stiletto on an E9-4 - Nice flight, 'Chute didn't open, landed flat on soft grass. The 'chute was out and mostly unfurled on the ground when I recovered it.
- Sirius SS Cestris on a D12-3 - Really nice flight with not walk. Ejection was a tad early.
- F-in-Rocket on an F15-4
- Hat of Death on an F15-0 - Since this is a saucer-like rocket, I got a special 'soccer waiver' to fly this before the soccer players cleared out. Still a crowd pleaser.
- SpaceX Falcon 9 on a EC6-3 - Nice but it left the rod at an angle. Still a good flight.
- MRC Iron Man on a C11-3
- Estes Mosquito on an MMX-II
- Estes Mosquito on an MMX-II - Had to fly something until the soccer games ended.
- Estes Majestic on an E16-6 - This was the rocket I least wanted to land in a tree and Murphy ensured that the wind picked up for the first time. It went safely over one stand of trees but was perilously close to another. Luckily, it didn't quite make it (see photo)!