Weather: 80's, 0-5mph, sunny
Total flights: Today - 11; YTD - 72
Total motors: Today - 12; YTD - 61
Motors by class YTD: Water-17, MicroHybrid-1, MMX-1, A-3, B-4, C-12, D-6, E-13, F-14, G-5, H-2
June was a great launch month - this was the 2nd perfect launch day. The upper level wind was a bit stronger than on the ground so the high flights drifted a lot whereas the lower flights landed close to the pads. I only had one long walk.
- AquaBottleBat on a G74-6 - I think I'm going to like the new EconoMax motors! Thanks to Mike Kelley for doing the recovery duties!
- TLP Rapier on an F44-4 - The stock starter chuffed out of the motor with a loud POP. Its replacement sent the Rapier on a fast, high flight. This one landed perilously close to the far tree line.
- Lime Stiletto on an E9-4 - Nice flight, one popped fin.
- SpaceShipSqrt(-1) on a C11-3 - Nice. flight.
- Zoomie P51-D on a C11-3 - Nice, landed by the pad.
- SpaceX Falcon 9 on an Estes C6-5 - Needed a -3. The Kevlar leader broke and it took some searching to recover both parts.
- Deuce XL-5 on 2 x B6-4 - Nice but slightly anemic flight.
- F-in-Rocket on an F15-4 - Nice.
- Mirror Image on an E20-7 - Late ejection but an impressive flight. The Shuttle glide in nice lazy circles.
- Half ASStron Superroc on a C6-3 - Separation.
- Art Applewhite D5 Stealth on a C6-3 - Nice.