Weather: mid-60's, sunny, wind ~5mph
Total flights: Today - 10; YTD - 51
Total motors: Today - 10; YTD - 43
Motors by class YTD: Water-13, MMX-1, A-3, B-2, C-7, D-6, E-9, F-11, G-2, H-2
Despite the rain on Friday, the field condition was great. The relatively light wind was vectored towards the trees but most rockets stayed safely away from them. I had a tough day - two sets of broken fins due to under-sized 'chutes, one set of broken fins due to a stuck streamer, two E12 cato's, and one lost rocket. What's not to like?
- CrayShipOne on an H144-3 - The boost was arrow straight and the delay was perfect. Unfortunately, the 'chute on the body section was a tad small and both main fins broke. RIP.
- BNC-R1 on an F35-6 - Another great flight with too small a 'chute. One fin popped off.
- Quest Nike Smoke on an E16-8 - Very high flight. Streamer stuck in the nose. More broken fins. RIP.
- Estes Majestic on an E16-6 - Very nice flight.
- Art Applewhite Helix 29mm on an F15-0 - This is a great motor for this monocopter.
- Whirlygig24 on an F12-0 - cato!
- Whirlygig24 on an D11-P - Ok flight...needs a longer burn.
- Quest MLAS 29 on an F15-4 - Great flight.
- Lime Stiletto on an E12-4 - Another cato. On my first E12 cato, Estes sent me a pack of three. I guess we are even. I'll still submit MESS forms. No more E12's for me.
- Quest Alien UFO on 'Roids on a C6-3 - Nice long, high flight. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it even though the grass was fairly short. D'OH!
See my whole album [here].