Weather: max temp. in high 50's, a few high clouds, gusty winds to 15mph
Total flights: Today - 13; YTD - 28
Total motors: Today - 14; YTD - 33
Motors by class YTD: MMX-1, A-3, B-2, C-6, D-5, E-6, F-7, G-2, H-1
This was a nice day despite the strong wind. After losing one to the trees, I learned to angle the rod cross-range so the rockets would miss them. The launch rate started slow but picked up after the arrival of the scouts. By then, I was on my launch rail. After those flights, I put a 1/16" rod on the pad so I could bypass the crowd. Bringing a rod was an accident but it worked out well. From now on, I will always bring my LPR rods when I bring my rail pad.
The surprise of the day was having Don and Richard drop by the launch. Don has dropped out of the hobby in favor of brewing beer. Richard has been MIA due to other priorities but at least brought rockets.
- AlaskaPaperModelWorks Saturn V on a D12-5 - Nice flight with no fin damage...until my chair blew over onto it. D'oh!
- Semroc Semi-scale V-2 on a B6-4 - Nice flight.
- V-104 on a B6-4 - Not as high as the Semroc. The 'chute stayed in the nose cone but no damage. Next time, I'll pack the 'chute so the shock cord pulls it out.
- F-in-Rocket on an E16-6 - Nice flight but a lot of weather cocking. Could have used a -4. At least the walk was shorter.
- MRC Iron Man on a C11-3 - Nice flight.
- This is Not the Rocket You're Looking For on a D12-0/C6-5 - Very high flight. Saw the ejection charge fire but this rocket was never seen or heard from again.
- 5th Generation on a D12-5 - Nice flight near the end of the day after the wind quieted down.
- Phinagain Cruise Missile on a D12-5 - Late ejection but a successful flight.
- Half ASStron Superroc on a C6-3 - This was my longest walk even though it only uses tumble recovery. Glad I pointed it sidways so it missed the trees.
- USAF Frankenstein rocket on a D12-7 - Lost to the trees.
- Estes Mini-Patriot on an A10-3 - I was talking and missed the entire flight. I saw it just as it landed.
- Estes Sacrificial Bertha on an F15-8 - Nice flight, also angled to miss the trees.
- Estes Ventris on an F26-6 - Nice smokey boost with ejection at apogee.
All my photos can be seen here.