Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Slow finishing progress

I have taken advantage of a few dry and relatively warm days and should be ready in a few days to start adding color coats to the Mega Mosquito and Super Alpha. Here are my thoughts and questions.

Mega Mosquito - I am trying to decide whether to go with the standard yellow/black scheme or fluorescent green/black. I have both 'in-stock'...maybe. My decision might be made based on which color doesn't have a clogged nozzle  There's a good chance both do and I will have to buy new stuff. The black will be flat Rustoleum since I have several cans from my summer furniture painting project.  I plan to add a shiny clear coat to at least make the final product a semi-gloss.

Super Alpha - I think I'm going to go with a classic Alpha scheme: red nose, one black fin, and a black stripe from that fin to the top of the BT. Kinda like this. The black will be flat and then clear coated. I have to buy the red so it will go on last in case I end up needing to buy any other paint.