Friday, January 24, 2014

Paper stomp Saturn V conversion, part two

Since my last post, I got the motor mount/stuffer tube assembled and installed. For the inter-stage section, I found another mailing tube whose inner section fit the nose section perfectly. The outer tube was a little too big to fit in the top of the main body. Luckily the body is just card stock and I have scissors. The tube now fits and the two sections mate nicely.

So, it weighs about 4.5 oz  and will be quite unstable without some sort of added fin area. I'm now rummaging for clear fin stock and thinking about Dr. Zooch-like 'flame fins'. Note to self: don't forget the launch lug!

If you navigate backwards from this photo (right arrow seen when hovering), you will find: a photo looking down into the main body, a photo of the business end, and a photo look up into the nose section.