Weather: overcast, lot 50's, wind ~5mph
Total flights: Today - 12; YTD - 63
Total motors: Today - 12; YTD - 66
Motors by class YTD: Air-5, MMX-3, A-4, B-3, C-24, D-3, E-11, F-7, G-8, H-3
The day turned out great. I've never need the 'away pads' so busy.
My flights, in no particular order:
- Half Spool Jack-O-Lantern on a Quest C6-3 - Good flight.
- First Flight CornRoc on a Quest C6-3 - Good flight.
- Boot Hill on a C11-3 - The up part was good but the coffin door didn't open. I blame Mike's super powerful masking tape. Fixable.
- Estes Majestic on an E16-6 - Really nice flight. On ejection, the model jumped sideways in the wind. Luckily, after it drifted down a bit, the wind lightened and it even went the other way for a moment. It landed near the tree line.
- MRC IronMan on a C11-3 - Great flight.
- Half ASStron Superroc on a C6-3 - I really like the somewhat junky rocket. despite not using any recovery devide, it drifted over the trees and into an open field. My longest walk!
- Estes GBU-24 Paveway III on a C6-5 - Good flight with some wobble.
- SpaceShip SQRT(-1) on a C11-3 - Good flight. The 'chute didn't initially open, but it eventually did, Phew.
- Paper Big Bertha on a C6-5 - Major corkscrew, but successful.
- FLICS Lucky 13 on an A10-3 - Also corkscrewed. Streamer didn't come out. No damage.
- Un-named rocket with Quest Nike Smoke fin can and Semroc Ram jet cone on a D12-5 - Good flight. needs a name.
- Mercury Redstone on a MicroMaxx - The streamer didn't deploy and a bit of glue is needed.
All my photos should be viewable here.