Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Finally, some activity in the Rocket Dungeon!

The physical one, that is. First off, the main components of the This Is Not the Rocket You Are Looking For are all together. I still need a streamer, launch lug and a tube to route air to the whistle on the Minion nose cone. And, I may yet change the nose cone. I updated the RockSim model with actual weight and CG. The good news is that it is stable with a D12-0 staged to a C6-5!  Other status will appear below the photo.

CHAD!
While working on that rocket, I am also repairing the El Tubo Loco. I'm rebuilding the slide-in fin can using the original tube fins. I also added a new 4" shoulder. That just leaves the body tube. I found a chunk of LOC tubing that is 3.5" longer than the original and decided that is close enough.

With imminent threat that Estes will release 29mm E and F motors this summer, I found my Frankenstein Big Daddy and checked it over.  It needs a recovery system and paint. I added a touch of primer and put it back in the queue.

I was sorting through my air rockets for a possible launch and found that the pressure tube on my Saturn V is caved in. I tried to coax it back out to see if leaving it on a launch tube for a while would fix it. However, it doesn't look like that will work. I guess the rocket is now a display model.

That's about it. I'm going to have to see what else I can build down there!