Monday, April 08, 2013

Monday miscellany

I'm sore after lugging and spreading 30 bags of mulch. Blog posts are a lot easier. I'm so glad spring weather is finally here!


Here's an on-topic (space related) post from an off-topic source (cars): Jalopnik's The Forgotten Female Cosmonauts Who Beat Sally Ride Into Space.


And, an off-topic photo from the same off-topic source: These Are The Best/Worst Car Press Shots Ever.


Here are two cool photos from other blogs. The sources are forgotten but I'll be glad to give credit if any one reminds me. The second is a shot of SS2's latest glide flight. Don't think it was photoshopped, but I could be wrong.



Just head the Navy is going to field their Laser Weapons System (LaWS) in the Persian Gulf. Zzzzzzzzzzap!





Bill Gurstelle is one of my tech heroes. He builds and writes about cool projects, which often involve things that shoot, burn or blow up. That takes cojones in this day and age. He has written numerous how-to books and is an editor for Popular Mechanics. He even provided me with a copy of a book for review. I guess my review was largely irrelevant since no other books have arrived. You should pop over and read Make's profile: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 Things About William Gurstelle.