Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Weird rides

I've been posting cool retro-futuristic cars for a while now. Today, I'm shifting gears.

Dark Roasted Blend has posted their World's Strangest Vehicles, Part 1. The 'part 1' part is good, as this implies there will be a 'part 2'. I chose the following photo as a teaser because, although not as weird as some of the others, it appears to have rockets attached. (I know, it came from a movie so they may be fake.)

Citroen DS in the "Fantomas"
This photo came from Junky Rides, which presents a mix of aptly named vehicles but also includes a few cool (but odd) creations, some improbable accidents and lots of art cars. Even though the previous photo was credited to them, I chose another to plug the site.


I generally consider 'junk' cars to be old, wrecked heaps that still are intended to provide transportation. I don't consider art cars to be in this category. After all, one man's junk is another man's treasure. There is a yearly art car parade in Houston. (See also this Flickr album.)  I bet many of the entries on Junky Rides participated in that parade. The following photo is one that I took before I knew there even was such a parade.


Finally, here is an odd ball found on the H.A.M.B..