- 4FNC, fins on the bottom where they belong.
- 3FNC, fins on the bottom where they belong
- 3FNC, fins just below the middle
- 3FNC, fins near the top (common wisdom says this one will be unstable!)
- 3 tube fins (on the bottom)
- No fins
- 3 canted fins
- 3 sets of three fins (various patterns are provided)
These are all very colorful (they look better than the photo). Unfortunately, I set the printer going and, while away, the black cartridge began running low on ink. So, most of these have grey stripes/trim instead of black. Oh well, they should fly the same. These are all made to fly off of a 1/2" PVC pipe so I'll have to drop by Home Depot for the pipe and adapter parts.
I also bought one of Quest's new water rocket starter kits. It includes a launch pad (less pump) and a rocket (less bottle). The rocket consists of a foam bumper for the nose end, a foam fin unit (three fins and a mounting plate), and a nozzle that holds the fin unit on. The maximum pressure is 80psi and the kit says it was designed to vent (i.e. leak). Here, I need to buy a suitable bottle of soda and drink same. Should eventually be fun for my grandcritters.
Just to offset all the air and water, I'm going to fly an H motor this weekend. w00t!