Wednesday, July 04, 2012

First build status for the Harpoon



I found that I actually had suitable balsa since the fin span is fairly short (3.5").  The fins are all cut and two of them are laminated with printer paper using 3M Super-77.  I found a 3.625" tube (grits container) that will work well for the tail end. I think I mat try to make the transition from Styrofoam.  That is still TBD.





The motor mount is a 29mm-BT-101 mount from Uncle Mike's Rocket Shack.  You can see that I used the motor sleeve from the Ventris kit to space and square-up the upper ring and added an Estes retainer to the business end.

I'll continue laminating tomorrow and will try to decide of the recovery configuration.