Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Links roundup

  • Conroy “Virtus” Article - Unwanted Blog - Scott points to his article on "....a twin-fuselage heavy lift aircraft built from B-52 parts meant to serve as the Space Shuttle Carrier Aircraft."  See it in the March/April 2012 edition of Horizon (AIAA Houston's newsletter).
  • While there, bookmark their main newsletter page.  I forgot how good it is. 
  • There is a good list of current aerospace events.  I spotted the following:
    • Ellington International Airport May Become Spaceport. The Friendswood (TX) Journal (3/7, Martin) reports Ellington International Airport could become a spaceport, according to General Manager Brian Rinehart. He said, "You got EmbryRiddle pushing aviation, you got NASA, you got all the aerospace companies here, and that means that we have the capital to really make spaceport work."
  • NASA Announces Plans To Put Man On Bus To Cleveland - FYSE - I am a bigger NASA supporter than most, but I laughed my ass off when I read this title.
  •  - But, by now you already know this. I was going to post a video but a 2 second burn just left me wanting more. I guess I'll have to wait for May 7th. Go SpaceX!