Friday, May 18, 2012

Hawk Missile Batteries

Photos of Hawk missiles abound on the Internet, but here are three that caught my eye recently. The first, found on the H.A.M.B., reportedly shows a deployment on the Florida coast during the Cuban missile crisis. The car is a 1961 Chevy Impala. After seeing photos of some of these launching, I wouldn't want to be driving by when they were launched!  As much as I like rockets, I also wouldn't want to see them deployed in my recreation area.



And here are a few from my ol' hometown. The fist two are from the Ft. Bliss Air Defense Museum and the last is from the War Eagles Air Museum outside of EP. Click through to see more of Joe Grossinger's excellent work (many are on-topic for the Dungeon). [These are copyrighted by Joe but are embedded via Flickr. Hey Joe, if this is bad, let me know and I'll take them down!]

HAWK Missiles

HAWK!

HAWK Antiaircraft Missiles