- Billionaire-Backed Space Venture Planetary Resources to be Unveiled April 24 - Space.com - The new venture, named Planetary Resources, "will overlay two critical sectors — space exploration and natural resources — to add trillions of dollars to the global GDP," said the press release. The founders include Peter Diamandis (X-Prize Foundation) and Eric Anderson (Space Adventures). Investors and advisors include James Cameron, Charles Simonyi,
Larry Page (Google), Eric Schmidt (Google) K. Ram Sriram (Google), and.Ross Perot, Jr. On the tech end is
NASA Astronaut and planetary scientist Tom Jones and NASA Mars mission manager Chris Lewiki. That's some list. I couldn't help thinking of the mega corporations that are common in sci-fi. (This link almost became a post of its own. Oops)
- Still more about Planetary Resources can be found on Clark Lindsey's RLV blog.
- How we almost lost Discovery - Wayne Hale's Blog - Wayne was the Space Shuttle Project Manager, Deputy Project Manger and Flight Director. He means it when he says 'we almost...'.
- Did a pilot really drop a plane into a nosedive to avoid Venus? - Bad Astronomy
- Argonia Relief Fund - Rocketry Planet - Rocketry people taking care of the landowners that support their hobby.
- New Quest Water Rockets - Model Rocket Building - Hmmm, they might sell me a launcher if it were available separately.
- Launching an X-15 from an XB-70 - High Power Rocketry