- Briefs: Laser com demo on Loral sat - RLV and Space Transport - Clark posts about SS/L teaming with GSFC on a laser crosslink demo. It's cool that their commercial spacecraft bus has room for science/experimental payloads.
- Launch day 117 - Air Command
- New Mobile Version of Dark Roasted Blend - I'm not mobile, but you might be.
- A few from High Power Rocketry:
- Space navigation - How it was done in 1967
NIEMI/Antey S-300V 9K81/9K81-1/9K81M/MK Self Propelled Air Defence System / SA-12/SA-23 Giant/Gladiator - I don't think the flared business-end is big enough to stabilize a model by itself, but you could always add some clear fins.
- Project Mercury 1st Quarterly Report Oct-Dec 1959
- Humans have been broadcasting radio for around 100 years. This... - FYSE - Infographic: In the 100 years since humans have been broadcasting radio, our transmissions have only traveled about a thousandth ofthe diameter of our galaxy.
- Ernst’s Ions Week on Beyond Apollo: The Cosmic Butterfly (1954) - Wired Science - A solar-electric space rocket, a.k.a. the Sun Ship, conceived by Ernst Stuhlinger. Not a subject for a flying model, but cool.
Tuesday, April 10, 2012
New name, same conglomeration of links from social and anti-social media: