- The official video of the official Falcon 9/Dragon modroc - SpaceX video
- Defying the Doomsayers - WSJ - A review of Peter's book entitled Abundance: The Future Is Better Than You Think. The article is interesting and I think the book would be a good read. Interesting food for thought:
- "from 2003 through 2010: We created five exabytes of digital information every two days."
- "Today more people have access to a cellphone than to a toilet."
- "Groceries today cost 13 times less than 150 years ago in inflation-adjusted dollars."
- Shuttle Mock Up on the Move - The Original Rocket Dungeon - I haven't seen this mentioned by the multitude of space blogs that I loosely follow. Thought there would have been more interest. Pitiful.
- Regional Winners named in Student Space Lab Competition - SpaceRef - The ultimate winners will have their experiment performed on the ISS. Pretty cool. (Not student rockets, but I tagged the post that way.)
Failures in physical connections are a non trivial problem in electronic systems: cold solder joints, wire wrap cold-flows (now I'm dating myself), bent pins, over/under tightened connections (electrical and fiber optic). The latter might have caused physicists to think their neutrinos were faster than light.