Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Dungeon's Top Ten of 2011

In no particular order....
  1. Early in the year, I completed transferring reviews from the old EMRR (see the My Rocket Reviews Page).  I transferred (and updated) all but eight and, while I was at it, added a few exclusive reviews.  I've since added a few more, some of which were also sent to the new EMRR.  As of the end of 2011, the total number of reviews posted here is 231, with 20 that you will find here and only here. 
  2. While on EMRR, the new site has shaped up well.  There are some things I still miss from the old site but there are many new features that make it fun: Photo albums; personal pages with 'who's-who' bios; a running timeline (take that Facebook!) of blog posts and your personal data; a well populated and sorted video archive; and, a new combined motors tool.  There are other new features, but these are the ones I have used the most.
  3. I have to note the passing of the Space Shuttle Program.  The Approach and Landing Tests (ALT) were underway when I entered the workforce and I was involved off and on for many years.  I was fortunate to see several Shuttles on their 747 carriers.  Once on the ground and in the air three times.  However, somehow I never made a launch.  That makes me sad.  Here's the roll-out of Enterprise's and the landing of Atlantis/STS-135:

  4. I didn't build much this year. I guess I am as happy with the Goony P-51D as any.


  5. The Big Brute is dead.



  6. Long live the Big Brute!



  7. Bob Utley twisted my arm into compiling/writing the Product News section of ROCKETS Magazine.  My first installment appeared in the issue that was published at the end of November. You can check out my recaps of all the issues here.


  8. My Big V2 History post became my most popular post of all time, having been #1 for almost a year.  And, it yielded what I consider my best banner too.


  9. MDRA hosted the launch of two humongous 1:9 scale Saturn IBs.  I had to be out of town so I missed the launch.  Still, I'm proud of my club.


  10. I've continued to enjoy new- and old-space alike.  Armadillo continues to be one of my favorites and the X-37B is pretty darned cool.  And, at the 11th hour, Stratolaunch burst onto the scene.

Now, if something crops up in the next 4 days, I'll add a number 11!