As you see, I got the silver base coat on. I probably should have laid on another coat but I got antsy. Due to Hurricane Irene and Fajitafest, I won't be able to get back to her until Monday and I have a case of build fever. Next, I grabbed a Sharpie and highlighted the cockpit, wheels, and tail section. I'm going to thin some blue paint and give the cockpit 'glass' a blue tint. I plan on brush on black paint for the wheels but have to make a Michael's run. For the general marking scheme, I'm flip-flopping between:
No decals, just paint.
Decals printed on white label stock.
Buying a cheap kit just for the decals.
The latter may be an option if they have one at Michael's and if I have a 40% or 50% coupon. If I go this route, I'll follow the model's paint scheme. If not, the tip of the nose, the wing tips, and the rear of the rudder will be painted either red , blue or yellow. (That's a flip-flop within a flip flop.) If I print the decals, a checkerboard pattern will be involved. I don't think I'll trouble you any more until I decide.
The shock cord is installed but I haven't given any further thought to nose weight.