- 5.5" dia., made from two sizes of floral foam cones, glassed with a plastic tip. Never used.
- 4" dia (sized for BT-101), turned from pink foam, glassed. Also not used.
- 4" dia, glass over a card stock cone. Scavenged from the remains of my V-2-like Grand Whazoo.
- 3" dia, carved pink foam. The original cone on the Tarkus II.
- 3" dia, plastic doohickey filled with 2-part foam and tipped with a PML 29mm solid urethane cone. The second cone used on the Landshark.
- ~54mm, made from a body tube and filled with 2-part foam, not used [how-to post].
- 54mm, turned balsa, needs cleaning up. Not ready for prime time.
- 54mm, turned pink foam. Needs lots of work.
- 38mm, made from a daiquiri glass and an seasonal M&M package. Will be used on my Lost In Space Robot rocket.
- 29mm, made from a garden spike. May never be used (?).
Friday, July 29, 2011
More about my home made cones
Hope this inspires the scratch builder and odd-rocketeer in you. Clockwise, starting with the big gray one: