Weather: clear, mid 80s, wind 5-10 MPH
Total flights: Today - 7; YTD - 28
Total motors: Today - 7; YTD - 40
- MRBR-1 on an D24-5 - In spite of my best efforts in RockSim, this was unstable, underpowered, or both. GIGO I reckon.
- Never Say Never on an H165-4 - This fat junk rocket really caught everyone's attention. I'm sure glad it flew well. Lower than the sim, but successful. At least the boost and initial recovery were good. The big 60" parachute inflated on the ground and dragged it a bit. A little glue on the leading edges of the tube fins and some paint and it will be as good as new.
- Ankyo234 on a D11-P - For this try, I reduced the size of the forward fins. It flew nicely but didn't bounce satisfactorily. Still, an interesting, really simple rocket.
- Eiffel Tower on an Estes C6-3 -I added a soft foam plug to the semi-sharp wooden tip just in case it was unstable. It flew very nicely.
- Birdhouse V1 on a G71-4 - Great flight. This was my last G71, which are now out of production. I never noticed any problem with them.
- Whirlygig-24 on an E9-P - Always cool!
- Art Applewhite 7.5" USAF Saucer 9mm on a G75-P - Nice sparky flight.