At the moment, I have nothing on the workbench (actually, its covered with stuff, just no active projects). My Lost In Space Robot is stalled. I'm happy with the 'head'/nosecone section, but I have decided to start over on the rest. So, I have been poking around the Dungeon, surveying the fleet and sorting tubes, nosecones, and a lots of small parts. Above is a photo of some of the 38mm - 5.5" cones I have lying around.
Landshark with the cone from the Twice Removed from Yesterday. The Landshark's new look is shown to the right. The cone is sort of multi-conical. It was made from a section of tube but, because I only used 4 sections, it is quite chunky looking. I guess 'multi-pyramidal' would be a better term. I like it a lot more on the Landshark than on the TRFY. This cone is the second used on the TRFY and the 3rd on the Landshark, hence the post title.
I also somehow got motivated to fly a bunch of my mini-motor-powered fleet. There's no accounting for what catches my interest. I will try to drag the following rockets out to the next Goddard launch:
- Mini-V2 (A10-3)
- Mini Marz Lander (A10-3)
- Skinny Mini (A10-3)
- Mini Patriot (A10-3)
- Cognis Eenie Meanie (A10-3)
- Little Joe I paper conversion (A10-3)
- Flics 13mm (A10-3)
- Give 'em the Finger foam 'boink' rocket (A10-P)
- Art Applewhite Saucer (A10-P)
- Odd'l Birdie (A10-P)