Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Reduced expectations - the FemtoEX

Alright already, quit laughing at me!  The new version is the motor with a card stock fin can, small lug taped on, and a toothpick nose cone.  My current expectations of the NanoEX is that the motor-only version will lift 2.385" but never leave the rod.  It turns out that cleaning the motor (and I use that term very loosely) was PITA so, even if this 'works', it will remain an oddity of nature.  FAIW, the genesis of this small, inconsequential fiasco was a sheathed piece of quick match that flew away nicely when I tested its burn rate.  I guess the sheath from the QM weighs a lot less than the full nanoEX (and probably more an the motor-only version too). Between rain, family, turkey, and family stuffed with turkey, I don't know when the next test will occur.