Monday, September 27, 2010

Hermes (with un-planned fin artwork)

The Hermes is coming along well but still needs fillets, paint and nose weight.  Because the fin tabs were just glued to the end of the stock fins, I laminated them with self adhesive label stock.  I used a full page label that had been run through the printer before I realized I was out of ink.  The results are fairly interesting and, if this weren't a scale project, I'd consider leaving the fins as is.  If  you look carefully, you can see the rocket girl from my Grand Whazoo's fin art peeking out of one of the bottom fins.  The others range from solid white to various, seemingly random patterns.