Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Son of Spikor begun

There's not much to look at, but I have assembled the nose cone assembly from the 10" spike, a short piece of 38mm tubing, a 38mm coupler, and an eyebolt.  It looks like this will be another scrounged build. I found a 29mm mount that fits in a 38mm airframe and some reuseable fins.  I took the Dremel to the mount and added 2 small bolts to provide positive retention.  The jury is out on the fins.  They would be flush with the base of the tube and would leave the retention screws exposed.  This wouldn't be a flight issue but would make it another rocket that can't sit upright.