While rooting for the FLICS, I aslo found a Q E-Z rubber band powered helicopter kit that yelled MONOCOPTER! Here's basically what I did:
- Remove the center wire piece form the hub and insert one of two blades.
- Cut a piece of the wooden spar that is about 1/4" longer then the hub. I'll call this the 'lower hub'.
- This lower hub sits on the under side of the stock plastic one. I drilled a hole at the point corresponding to the end notch of the unused blade opening (opposite the blade). I found a plastic rivet that holds that end of the plastic hub to the lower hub.
- Drill out the hole in the center of the plastic hub to fit a launch rod. Extend the hole through the lower hub.
- I eyeballed how long the balance beam should be and cut it from the spar. I also cut two smaller pieces to frame the beam over the hub assembly.
- Finally, I added a short motor tube on top of the lower hub, opposite the wing.
- I inserted a motor and trimmed the plastic wing a bit.