Taking a cue from Chris Michielssen (again), I started building a 13mm-powered FLICS-based rocket. Initially, I thought that maybe I'd try an 18mm version. But, holding an 18mm tube in the 'V' formed by the FLICS body sections made it clear that this wasn't a good idea. I don't have any 13mm tubing so I began digging in the box-o-Paul-Miller-dead-rockets. I chose a small 4FNC that was missing it's nose. I removed two of the fins and, when I held it up to the FLICS body, decided I'd do mine a little differently. That is, I'd keep the remaining fins. I added a Kevlar leader half way up the body using the through-the body method (see repair tip #1) and scraped off the paint where the body would touch the FLICS. The rocket had a lug and I added the FLICS rubber band to the end of my Kevlar. For the nose cone, I dug up a Hartle Engineering resin cone. I painted the cone red with blue trim to somewhat match the FLICS color scheme. After this flies, I may repaint the rocket body. The one thing left to do is check the CG with a motor installed. I think I'll need to move the CG forward, which means digging up some more tubing since the cone is solid. I'll find out tomorrow later today.