Thursday, June 03, 2010

When the cat is away, the mouse will paint their rockets


When I last posted about the 12-Pack, I was neither sure how I wanted to paint it nor when I'd get around to it. What I forgot was that the wife had bridge. And since the TV season is over, I headed to the Dungeon and made up my mind. This photo shows the results from three angles. At first, I had mounted the escape tower from my Estes Mercury Atlas on the 'AquaPod Capsule'. It looked cool but seemed a bit flimsy for a rocket of this size, so I improvised/scrounged something else. I have a little touch up to do and will give it a coat of Future Shine.  I'm pretty happy with the result. Large BP clusters ignited with Quickmatch are tough on a rockets lower extremities so I'm pondering some set-up to help protect the finish a bit.