Monday, May 31, 2010

No progress today, but...

I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day and took time to actually remember.  No rocketry went on here.  Just fajitas, fixin's and family  :)  I was, however, pondering this coming week's activities and thought I'd document where the 12-Pack stands.  Since my last post, I acquired the mailing tube for the body, cut three fins in sort of a Standard ARM motif, cut a special fin alignment jig, and made a foam-filled AquaPod nose cone.  I really would prefer a regular LOC or PML or equivalent cone, but the AquaPod was quick, easy and will do as a stand-in if I don't get around to acquiring a commercial cone.  Next steps:  attach fins to motor mount, screw mount into body (the lower rail button will be one attachment point), install the Kevlar shock cord leader (I'll add a short stuffer tube to strengthen the attachment point).  That's close to it other than paint.