Saturday, April 03, 2010

Launch Report 2010-3

Location: Great Meadow, The Plains, VA (NOVAAR)
Weather:  mid 70's; clear to high thin clouds; wind 5 - 10 mph
Total flights: Today - 7; YTD - 19
Total motors: Today - 7; YTD - 19

I was fortunate for both nice weather and the TARC competition.  The latter resulted in two back-to-back launch weekends!

While at Ken Allen's tent, several people returned AT E15's and E30's.  Evidently some batches are CATO'ing in large numbers.  Then I got to witness a couple myself :eek:  I don't know the subject lot(s) but think I'll try mine anyway. I also bought a 2-pack of the new E20's.

Ken should be getting his order of the new Metalstorm motors very soon.  I want to fly a couple at Red Glare.

My Flights:
  1. North Coast Archer on an H165-6 - Excellent flight.  The flame seemed redder than normal, and the Redlines are normally very red.
  2. North Coast Big Brute on a G38-4 - I couldn't fit my 30ga igniters or even a larger Copperhead so I went with a Copperhead for a 24mm motor.  This motor was an old one given to my by Paul M. so I started worrying about a CATO.  My worries were unwarranted as the flight was perfect.
  3. Lime Stiletto on an E9-6 - The RSO rejected the Stiletto for sitting too high on the rod (interference with the large bulbous plastic NC).  It had flown this way several times but I CA'ed the First Fire tube from my Archer's flight onto the rear fins.  Ejection was a couple of seconds late but the flight was good.
  4. Semroc V2 on a B6-4 - Nice boost but the Kevlar leader burned through.  Both parts recovered.
  5. First Flight Corn Roc on a C6-3 - Nice flight.  People liked this rocket.
  6. First Flight Semi Sonic on C6-5 - High flight that landed near the far edge of the field near the entrance.  I picked it up as I left.
  7. Semroc LAUNCH Missile on a C6-5 - High flight, not too bad a walk due to a tangled 'chute.


Find more photos like this on Our Planet