Weather: mid 70's; clear to high thin clouds; wind 5 - 10 mph
Total flights: Today - 7; YTD - 19
Total motors: Today - 7; YTD - 19
I was fortunate for both nice weather and the TARC competition. The latter resulted in two back-to-back launch weekends!
While at Ken Allen's tent, several people returned AT E15's and E30's. Evidently some batches are CATO'ing in large numbers. Then I got to witness a couple myself :eek: I don't know the subject lot(s) but think I'll try mine anyway. I also bought a 2-pack of the new E20's.
Ken should be getting his order of the new Metalstorm motors very soon. I want to fly a couple at Red Glare.
- North Coast Archer on an H165-6 - Excellent flight. The flame seemed redder than normal, and the Redlines are normally very red.
- North Coast Big Brute on a G38-4 - I couldn't fit my 30ga igniters or even a larger Copperhead so I went with a Copperhead for a 24mm motor. This motor was an old one given to my by Paul M. so I started worrying about a CATO. My worries were unwarranted as the flight was perfect.
- Lime Stiletto on an E9-6 - The RSO rejected the Stiletto for sitting too high on the rod (interference with the large bulbous plastic NC). It had flown this way several times but I CA'ed the First Fire tube from my Archer's flight onto the rear fins. Ejection was a couple of seconds late but the flight was good.
- Semroc V2 on a B6-4 - Nice boost but the Kevlar leader burned through. Both parts recovered.
- First Flight Corn Roc on a C6-3 - Nice flight. People liked this rocket.
- First Flight Semi Sonic on C6-5 - High flight that landed near the far edge of the field near the entrance. I picked it up as I left.
- Semroc LAUNCH Missile on a C6-5 - High flight, not too bad a walk due to a tangled 'chute.
Find more photos like this on Our Planet