OK, no crude comments on this crude title. You KNOW it is about rockets!
I have had my West Systems epoxy for around 8 years. Last Monday, I dispensed 3 pumps of epoxy and hardener to mix with the lead shot in the nose of my Frankenstein MLAS. I noticed a few minor sputters mid stroke on the epoxy itself and the hardener seemed fine. Yesterday, I decided to add a bit more epoxy since it appeared the cone sat at an angle when the original batch set. This left some of the shot just slightly wetted out and I could poke the shot free. This time, mid stroke, the epoxy sputtered and went dry. I pumped again and got less. Repeat several times more. I seldom apply good sense and decided I'd try to use this last batch up. When I tried to pump the hardener, I got one full pump but that was it. Thereafter, all a got was a drip. I kept at it until I thought I had enough. Against my better judgment, I stirred it up and poured it into the cone. I had visions of unset epoxy sludge in the cone, but to my delight, it set just fine. Whew, dodged that one!