This post was prompted by the sharp drop off in my readership after a week-long lull in posting during my vacation.
- In terms of the blogosphere, sport/hobby/amateur rocketry is a niche market.
- Too much off topic stuff. Spaceflight and science is probably OK but few
rocketeerspeople care about my random interests, my taste in movie/music, etc.
- Rocketeers seem to be forum hounds not bloggers. Even when I was really active on the forums, it didn't look like many members read the Dungeon regularly. The Dungeon is just another place they'd have to check semi-hourly?
- In general, mine are smaller than...many others. (Yes, my rockets, geeesh.)
- Lack of op-eds. Yeah, there is little deep commentary here. Too many times, when I've tried, I get... complaints. Real opinions are like work. Plus, I have had enough moderation duties elsewhere.
- Lack of 'advertising' and promotion.
- Too many rocket girls.
- Too few rocket girls.
- Too little clothing on the rocket girls.
- Too much clothing on the rocket girls.