Weather: mid-70's, not too breezy, but the wind was in an unfavorable direction
Total flights: Today - 5; YTD - 65
Total motors: Today - 5; YTD - 77
Find more photos like this on Our Planet
- NCR Big Brute on a G64-6 -The boost unexpectedly turned into the wind. The delay was late, which probably saved it from the trees. Still, it landed in a knee deep bean field and was hard to spot.
- Instructables Frisbee Saucer on a D12-0 -The boost had some wiggle, which is not uncommon for many saucer-like objects.
- MicroMaxx Saucer on 'Roids on a C6-3 - Unlike the previous flights, this one had a lot of coning. Still cool.
- TLP Rapier on an E18-4 - Nice boost. I didn't see the ejection but the cord snagged a fin. Luckily, Neil McGilvray has the best rocket spotting eyes this side of the Mississippi and it was recovered.
- Quest DC-Y Space Clipper on a D24-4 -Very fast, cool boost...with a loud whistle!
Scrubbed and aborted:
- Styro Pyro - no motor vendor
- Upscale Big Brute - not vendor, no motor
- Art Applewhite Super Cinco on the Micro-Hybrid - Didn't pass gas. The APCP pre-heater lit but the burst disc didn't burn through. Unfortunately, there is no recovery and the gas was wasted.