Sunday, August 23, 2009

Launch Report 2009-7

Location: Location: Central Sod Farm, Centreville, MD (MDRA ESL-135)
Weather: mid-80's, calm to slightly breezy
Total flights: Today - 9; YTD - 60
Total motors: Today - 14; YTD - 72

Paul was there first and had saved spaces for Don and I. As usual, I mooched their shade. I met another on line acquaintance, Brett.

The field was drier than I expected and I missed the major puddles...except for the one mud pit. But that's a separate story.

My flights:
  1. First Flight Semi Sonic on a C6-5 - Quick flight and I lost it in the sun. Despite the seemingly light breeze, I had a long walk.
  2. First Flight Semi Sonic on a B6-4 - Nice straight flight with ejection at apogee. The walk was much shorter this time!
  3. Launch Pad Rapier on an F39-4 - Great flight.
  4. Ringer on a G71-5 - Good flight no matter what they said about how the rocket looks.
  5. Hat of Death in four D12-Ps - All four motors lit but the flight was unstable. I'm wondering if the core shifted in the hat.
  6. Thoy Snipe on three D12-5s - Excellent flight with ejection at apogee.
  7. MicroMaxx Saucer on 'Roids on a C6-3 - Really fast and high flight (for a small saucer). Landed 4' from the pad.
  8. MicroMaxx Saucer on 'Roids on a C6-3 - Same flight profile.
  9. Art Applewhite Delta Saucer on a Micro Hybrid - On ignition, the motor spewed a bit of gas and then it tore off the pad. It wobbled at apogee and the motor fell out. The masking tape that was holding it in from the top melted.

Find more photos like this on Our Planet