Saturday, July 11, 2009

Sport Rocketry, July/August 2009

The main theme of this issue is NARCON 2009. Unfortunately, the descriptions of the sessions can only provide a hint of what was covered. I really would like to have seen the 'dumpster diving' session.

There are good articles on GPS tracking and how to outfit your custom paint shop.

Tom Beach provides a plan for a simple, clear-bodied demo rocket based on fluorescent lamp tubing. I like plans. I've got some salvaged tubing from an earlier project...

Leslie Houk's Cato Chronicles talks about range boxes and their contents. He presents a humorous photo showing a range box overflowing with hand and garden tools. It reminded me that I too had garden tools in my box when I flew at NARHAMS' Middletown field. I'd take yard clippers to help navigate the brambles during recovery ops. A hammer can be useful too...