Monday, June 22, 2009

Rocket rebuild



I recently dusted off one of my oldest scratch rockets from my early BAR days. The body is a 2" mailing tube, the nose cone is balsa turned on a hand drill, and fins were made from scrap wood from a doll house kit I assembled for my daughter. When I looked at the fins and gasped. After a couple of rounds of reattachment, they were really spaced terribly. They were straight so the model would fly fine but I decided to rebuild the lower section. After disassembly, I realized that I don't have a BEFORE photo. Oh well, this is it now. (The funky spot on the cone is a glare issue.)