Weather: 80's, calm to a light breeze, no thunder bumpers
Total flights: Today - 8; YTD - 24
Total motors: Today - 8; YTD - 29
Another great day, with the wife and pooch attending. It started right with no wait at the Bay Bridge. Then, we saw the Queenstown Volunteer Fire Department was grilling chicken on the side of the road (in a parking lot, not the shoulder). Perfect, considering the Road Kill Cafe wasn't attending the launch. The weather was near perfect and the threat of thunder storms didn't materialize. Richard Hickok shared his shade. Don Brown had family interference. Paul Miller didn't attend since he is on meds for Lyme Disease and has to avoid the sun. Glad he caught it early and hope to see hum next month. Skycopp's 11.5" Black 5 spat it's cone perfectly. Nice nose cone, too (see link below). Ken of Performance Hobbies delivered my Blue Tube, centering rings, Kevlar cord, and of course motors.
All my photos are here.
My flights included:
- Goonball XL5 on a D13-7 - Nice flight with some spin. Ejection near apogee. Very nice. Update: I should note that this model was designed with RockSim 9's PODS feature...which seems to have done its job.
- Small Endeavour on a G69SK-7 - This was my last and best flight. This motor really rocks! The sparks are very visible and it pops and crackles like the big boys. Photo attached.
- Starfighter on an H148-4 - Nice up, not as nice down. It shed a fin on ejection like last time but, unlike last time, the other fin came off on landing. As did the stabilizer. And the body is separating. I'm going to put it back together but I think it will be semi-retired.
- NCR Archer on an H148-6 - Nice flight with ejection a bit early. Glad I can fly H's again!
- Hat of Death on an F24-P - Good flight.
- 59mm JATO on a G64-7 - Good flight. Lexan is good.
- D-Fusion bomb on a D12-3 - Unstable, will add clear fin-like-objects.
- Whirlygig-24 with shortened body tube on an E9-4 - Very nice flight. KenK, you were spot on!