Saturday, January 24, 2009

RIP Dr. Bill Wilson

I was sad to hear of Dr. Bill's passing. Although in a different EE sub-specialty, I was privileged to have taken two courses from him - basic transmission line theory and microwave theory. I remember him as the friendliest and most accessible professor that I had. He'd always provide whatever help I needed and would do it with a smile. He went way out of his way to solve a major scheduling SNAFU that I had in my senior year. I didn't know Dr. Bill as well as many, but was surprised in later years when he didn't remember me. I thought that I had distinguished myself, if not by superior academics or an outgoing personality at least by being an above average pain in the neck. I guess going above the call of duty was business-as-usual for Professor Wilson. Peace.