Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving, EMRR update, and pneumatic jacks

I'll start by wishing y'all a Happy Thanksgiving. We in the Dungeon hope you are blessed with family, friends, and of course food!

I won't be posting again until maybe late this evening for just those reasons.

But, before I start helping the wife with the preparations, I'll note EMRR has been updated and, again, includes some of my handiwork - a Semroc BT-60 baffle and the Thanksgiving-themed Corn-Roc. Perfect timing, thanks, Nick (EMRR)! Since this was a beta test build to check the instructions, I didn't follow the build here on my blog. Now that the cat's out of the bag, however, I wanted to share my experience with those who have bought the kit. Thanks, to Nick (rangerstl) for letting me help him out :) (Hmm, the Nicks of the world seem to be taking over.)

Finally, I see Skylighter again wants to corrupt you by showing how to make a motor press (see tip #121) with a 6-ton car jack. I still don't know about packing powders - I'd stick to wet mixing if it wuz me.

Eat, drink, and be merry!