Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Halloween rocket alert

Yesterday, we took a couple of 40% coupons to the closest Michael's only to find they still haven't restocked their D12s and C11s. BTW, AC Moore has a 50% coupon good this coming weekend. There is a bulk pack of motors with my name on it. But I digress. While wandering the aisles, I noticed the Halloween stuff is out in force. I picked up a small wooden coffin and some pre-cut wooden tombstones to make a quick themed rocket. They also have some great LASER cut wooden designs (aka fins) such as bats, spider webs and the like. These were tempting but I liked the tombstones, which were even painted. And don't forget the foam pumpkins and jack-o-lanterns.

So far I've drilled the end of the coffin to fit a 24mm tube. It's going to have coffin-lid recovery (side ejection). More this evening.